The Northstar E wheelchair-accessible minivan is the only caregiver-focused conversion to offer front-seat wheelchair access and an in-floor, slide-out ramp. With an uncluttered interior, obstruction-free doorway and optional mid-row seats, the Northstar E offers practicality, ease of use and flexibility at an affordable price. Features of these new and used conversion vans include:
- Easy manual operation for caregivers of any size or age
- Side-entry benefits for the cost of a rear-entry conversion
- Long-term reliability with minimal maintenance
VMI’s patent-pending Northstar E conversion comes with an easy-to-use, manual in-floor ramp that requires little to no maintenance. The ramp is stowed under the floor, creating more interior room, a quieter ride and less dirt and debris in the interior.
The Northstar E offers the practicality of an unconverted minivan to meet the needs of caregivers, even when traveling without a wheelchair user. With unobstructed cargo areas and seating for up to seven, the Northstar E provides space and flexibility to accommodate multiple passengers and seating arrangements.
Our Northstar E provides enough door height to accommodate manual wheelchairs and small-to-medium power chairs. The doorway is clear of obstructions for easy entry and exit and has a dropped floor to give wheelchair users a clear line of sight.
Comfort & Style
Our Northstar E offers a clean, uncluttered interior and a quiet, comfortable ride with noise-reduction engineering.
Our Northstar E wheelchair-accessible minivans come with additional features for extra durability and ease of use. For example, the VMI Northstar reduces the likelihood of under-vehicle damage by providing up to 1.5 inches of additional ground clearance over other mobility vans.
Options for the Northstar E:
Single and double flip-up mid-row seats match OEM interior and provide multiple seating options.
Unique, rubberized, non-slip flooring that provides excellent traction for wheelchairs and reduces road noise.
Standard on Toyota only
Steps added below the front doors to facilitate safer and easier entry and exit at those seating positions.
- Wheelbase: 121 inches
- Overall Length: 201 inches
- Overall Height: 73
- Overall Width: 77 inches
- Maximum Floor Drop: 11 inches
- Min. Vehicle Ground Clearance (ground effects): 5.5 inches
- Min. Vehicle Ground Clearance (exhaust): 6.5 inches
- Door Opening Height: 55.1 inches
- Door Opening Width: 30.8 inches
- Ramp Length (angle ramp and transition plate): 59.4 inches
- Usable Ramp Width: 30 inches
- Ramp Capacity: 800 pounds
- Ramp Angle with PowerKneel on (curb weight): N/A
- Ramp Angle with PowerKneel off (curb weight): 11.5 degrees
- Overall Floor Length: 86 inches
- Length from Back of Seat Bases to Kickplate: 58.25 inches
- Floor Width at B Pillar: 60 inches
- Floor Width Mid Row Seat Folded Up: 49 inches
- Floor Width Mid Row Seat Folded Down: 37 inches single; 22.5 inches double
- Floor Width Without Mid Row Seat: 66.5 inches
- Weight of Mid Row Seat: 77 LBS single; 108 LBS double
- Interior Height at Center Position: 57.63 inches
- Interior Height at Driver Position: 58 inches w/o sunroof; 55.5 inches w/ sunroof
- Interior Height at Passenger Position: 58 inches (w/o sunroof)
- Cargo Area/Seat Up: 11.5 cubic feet
- Average Payload (Northstar E on Dodge SE): 1225 LBS no seat; 1153 LBS single; 1117 LBS double